Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hello again

So, as work has continued to be super stressful, my shopping has increased. I nabbed two new boatneck tees from J.Crew during their Extra 30 percent off sale; a black trench dress from BR (below) two v-neck sweaters, a floral tee and a khaki skirt from BR; a new pair of AG jeans; and a pair of petite linen pants and a cute sweatshirt from J.Crew today. Jeez ... typing it all out makes it sound like a heck of a lot more. Yikes!

Yesterday, the new member of my team (who got the job after we laid off another worker. The new guy was deemed "more valuable" by the powers that be than the previous guy) gave his notice yesterday. I'm not surprised (anyone who takes 13 days of vacation in a new position is bound to be out the door) but here's how it went down:

He had a really bad attitude about working a full day (8 hours) and completing his job tasks so yesterday I sat him down and said something along the lines of "I'm concerned. You don't seem to be very engaged in your role here." Then he said he was expecting a job offer to come through that very day and if the offer was right he was going to give his notice. And he said that the fact that this offer was coming right at the same time his girlfriend was moving to New York and this job is going to be in that area, was just a coincidence. Yep, and I'm Angelina Jolie.

Why do people have to lie? I understand the approach to leave your job on your own terms. But letting a company lay someone else off so you can keep a paycheck for two months is something awful. How do you sleep at night?

I was glad though to hear he was on his way out, even if he did tell me that he plans on taking Friday and Monday off again! it'll clear the way for me to bring in someone who really wants to be here and learn — I'm actually looking for a little mini-me.

So, now the search is on. And hopefully, for my bank account, I'll find someone fabulous who will make my life easier and subsequently, make me cut down on the retail therapy.

No comments: