Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Just as I am

This weekend I caught the first episode of Lifetime's How to Look Good Naked with Carson Kressley and I really liked it. Lifetime (which I normally never watch) says the show "teaches women of all shapes and sizes how to go from self loathing to self loving without resorting to interventions like extreme dieting or cosmetic surgery."

It's a refreshing change. That a show is focusing on making you feel your best as you are, not as fabulous as you possibly may be.

I've struggled with my weight for what feels like my whole life. When you are only five foot tall, five pounds looks like 20, so there really is no wiggle room.

Anyway this show was great it how it made the woman face here insecurities and also her misperceptions about her weight and her body. And Carson Kressley, who was a tad bit snarky on Queer Eye, is adorable here. He limits the sarcasm and seems to actually care about these women. He's great in this show.

So check it out if you find yourself home on a Friday night — the previews show that a petite woman will be featured in an upcoming episode.

No comments: