Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One size does NOT fit all

Hey all. It's been awhile since I posted, sorry! Work and life in general has been hectic. But I had to tell you about the deal I got this weekend and fill you in on some of my recent shopping trips.

Anyway, this past winter I had big plans to attend a swanky new years party and wear this fabulous dress I saw on BR's web site:



Well, I didn't attend any fabulous party and hence, didn't buy the dress. Well, this weekend I had to return a shirt to BR and I was thumbing through the sale rack when there it was in all its sequined beauty. In my size (not petite though) for $24.97! I was sure it would not fit because it wasn't petite, but it actually fit beautifully. Because it was made to be a mini, it comes right above my knees. Perfect — I'm not really a mini-dress person anyway. And to top it all off, I had a 20 percent off coupon so the final price was $19.97. Wow!!!

I have found some fantastic dresses at BR lately. I visited the petite store in Boston a few weeks back and got this dress:



My dress is in black/white, not green. It is so cute. I also got a petite shirt dress in a chain link pattern:



I know this image is small, but it gives you an idea. And it is much cuter on me than on the model! This was a great deal too. It was on sale and missing a few buttons for I got it for super cheap and just resewed the buttons on.

I'm not normally a bargain shopper but I'm having some luck lately. Hope it continues, or comes your way!

No comments: